Saturday, February 13, 2010

What's Been Up...

I have definitely been out of my routine lately.
While a lot has been going on, we have most significantly been celebrating a lot of new-ness.
My husband's 1962 Ford Falcon arrived a week and a half ago from Canada.
After a week long truck drive across the borders of states and one country, she's here.
It may have come with a few unexpected, um, surprises but the car is beautiful.
While I currently stand firm that I WILL NOT be driving it, I am elated my husband finally has something to show for all he does for our family of three.


Along with the Falcon, we were able to spend a weekend away with our friends!
We escaped to Monterey and left the midge home with my in-laws.
While I kept having to repeat, "It's not how Mommy would do it, but it's OK," when I wasn't the one in my routine with my son, it was a GREAT weekend to be kids again ourselves.
A room with a fire place, a 2 hour cruise down 17 mile drive, wine, games, laughter, & too much food.


We returned and a day later- SURPRISE, HUS- I took him away to the Santa Ynez Valley to celebrate his birthday.
We cozied up around another fire place and just enjoyed being together despite all the little things that went so imperfectly.

With all that's gone on...all the wonderful things...it feels a bit like the day after Christmas...
"What do you mean it's OVER?"
A lull, a cloud of sadness, yet the hope that it's only a matter of time until the next set of FUN.


I'll be back soon!
Once the Midge learns how to nap again, and the laundry is done, and my heart settles back in to wherever it is it feels dislodged from....
I'll be back.

8 comments:

  1. So glad you could get away and have some fun! I need you address by the way, you won my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! I know it's hard to get back to "normal" and I hope it goes smoothly for you. Wow! Love the car, I am so envious! Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! can't wait for the next post....I always love to see what you have to say!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a fun time!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Take care,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had some fun. What a great car:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe - I love the random Starbucks cup in that photo!

    Glad you got the chance to get away with your sweetie - those are my favorite weekends. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like tons of fun...love the car!! Hope you your midge is ok from the weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of you two in the flannel is great :) Reminds me why we are friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete