Sunday, November 8, 2009

8 hours...

...it's usually (if you aren't a parent) the amount of hours you sleep in a day.
if you're me, however, it's the amount of sleep you get in one entire weekend.no joke, i'm on my last leg.
my eyes feel like bowling balls and my head is swimming with this dizzy feeling.

if my kid does not sleep tonight
I AM GOING TO LOSE IT.
if midge does not stay in his bed...
if my hus does not wake up...
if midge tries to open the door one more time...
I AM GOING TO FUH-REAK OUT!
if i have to grab the bulb syringe and pin my child down one more time...
if i have get snot in my eye from one more sneeze...
if i get one more piece of macaroni thrown at my face...
THERE WILL BE NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT
except
SCREAM
cry
B*tc&
MOAN
and pass out.

but for seriously...whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
{insert breathy stuttered tears of utter frustration here}

hope you enjoyed the "it's a good decision to take a photo-booth pic of how tired i am on my computer, right?" image i shared with you all!
we don't have pudding here-
the proof comes in the pictures.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my you are on the edge!!! Sending some prayers your way. I don't deal well without sleep either. Grouchy monster mom comes out in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart! I hear you, though. We've got the sickies over here, and this weekend has been forever long. Hope all is well soon, there, and that you get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling your lack of sleep pain... ouch there is nothing like being sleep deprived. My son is still sick... wishing for sleep all around,
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely had our moments with Calvin when he was younger. Ugh. We finally had the best success with the Mommy shirt. It started as an accident - in a fit of desperation I stripped my shirt off and handed it to him. It smelled like me, it calmed him down. The only rule is, he can choose to scream and cry and get out of bed, or he can choose the shirt. He cannot choose both. It was divine inspiration, I tell you. He no longer has fits, but he sleeps every night cuddled up with one of my shirts. :)
    Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. You are totally going to make it thru this. you are. You will sleep again. Hopefully some time soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, Allegra, I feel for you! That is so hard. I totally get that your about to loose it. I have been there. I think I did loose it tho. Just remember this to shall pass. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweetie! I know that feeling soooo welll! I hope you found some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry hun. I'm praying for you and Midge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man -- you poor mama! Hope the little one and you get lots more sleep!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel for you...I have a teenage daughter that doesn't allow much sleep for me either....sending sleepy thoughts and prayers your way! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHMYCOUSIN-FRIEND.

    Sleepless nights. I get it. When you're in the thick of it - the *worst* thing to hear is "this too shall pass"....so I won't say it. Because who knows when that will be.

    BUT - what I can say....as hard as it is to live through the sleepless nights - there is something sweet that comes from being needed - and having Mommy being the only cure.

    {{{Because the day will come when MOOOOO-OOOOOM is annoying and intrusive {... but I'm sure you won't feel that as soon as I did!}}}}

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes...sleepless nights are fabulous are they not?
    I do remember quite clearly how fin was vomitting ALL night and bryan slept right thru it all...
    uggh.
    I wish i could just pop over and help take midge for the night..that's what friends are for right?!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh honey... These days are so much fun are they not?

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am reading this on Monday ~ so I hope, hope, hope that you got to sleep some last night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear! You are me yesterday. I have a swiny flu baby. No fun. I have slept as little as you the last 4 days. My last couple posts reflect my tired too but next time I will add the tired picture. :)I hope you got some sleep girl. This Mommy is trying to hang in there too.

    ReplyDelete