Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making House a Home

The new house continues to come together....
baby steps.
A LOT of baby steps!
I keep finding that things don't seem like they are "in their place" yet.
Know what I mean?
So many new nooks & crannies.
So many open spaces.
So each day we live here--or I should say, each day I slow down a bit and breathe--I figure out a little more of what makes the house feel like home!
At the end of the day, it's the people that live in the house and the people that visit the house that make it home.
It's true.
But I do love styling it and surrounding it with beautiful, bargain friendly things!

7 comments:

  1. I once heard that the best way to decorate a home is slowly. Take the time to find things you love, and it will all come together beautifully. Somehow, if you love everything in your home, no matter the style, it all "goes" together :)

    http://www.stylestance.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's coming together beautifully!
    Hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks beautiful my friend
    i love the little ladder vignette...so clever xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you keep your home looking like a model home? Zoe would be in everything! looks great! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously need to catch up and see all the new things you've done to the house. I LOVE these pictures. Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you're doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE what you have done!!!!

    ReplyDelete