Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A New Beginning....

I started this blog a few years ago out of desperate need to release my inner most thoughts. I never held things back here. I unfolded the complications of being a working mom, the aches of becoming a parent, the battle between where I started and my family began. I healed here. For those who only virtually know me, I probably seemed unstable but the truth is, the more real I got here, the more sane it kept me.

I learned to write when I was young. My journals were my best friends. No matter where I was, a pen and paper heard the chaos of battling my parents divorce and the chaos that followed it. I broke and was bound by the lines that held the words that were stitched inside a mouth that couldn't find the strength to speak.

With my first son, I juggled working a full time job and learning how to be a parent. It was...HARD...to say the least. I'm in a new place now though. I found myself without a job (part of a budget cut like many people) after only two weeks of being back at work with my second son. It's now five months later and I am just now settling into what it means to be a Stay At Home Mom--an internal dream fulfilled in an unexpected way.

Things are financially TIGHT and they are abundantly blessed in LOVE, exhaustion, and newness. This may not be the way I wanted to get HERE but I made it.  I have made it to this "finish" line (for now) I had set in my heart....now we have to figure out how to keep our family here.

So, this blog is turning into something new. A daily diary of the moments I get to experience as a mom and wife not divided by the expectations of corporate america. Here starts a new journey...one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I love you too!!! So much. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy to read this new update and see you and your family's smiling faces! you are so brave to post your thoughts and I commend you and pray you'll have a blessed journey. hugs!

    ReplyDelete