Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Starbucks Holiday Drink Tasting!

A couple of weekends ago, Starbucks offered a Buy One Get One Free from 2-5pm on their holiday drinks!
Not one to pass something like this up, you could say I took advantage of the offer!

Spending the weekend with my cousin always spurs creative energy and fun activity.
We decided that we four adults would like to try a large portion of Starbucks Holiday Drink Menu!
So, with a few dollars in our pocket we were off and ordered the following:
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Gingerbread Latte
Caramel Brule Latte
Caramel Apple Spice Cider
Peppermint Mocha
White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha

Starbucks hooked us up with 6 smaller cups for our tasting party and my hus, the dispenser, figured out a creative way to pour us each our blind taste
(which of course were rinsed out between tastes to avoid tastebud confusion!)
The rules were simple:
1. Guess what you were drinking
2. Rate what you were drinking

The Taste Test Recorder (Tracy) developed a highly fanciful spreadsheet to accurately track our data for our official "Best & Worst" Poll!

So if you can't read the spreadsheet, these are the very official results :)
#1: Caramel Spiced Cider
#2: Peppermint Mocha
#3: White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha
#4: Caramel Brule Latte
#5: Pumpkin Spice Latte
#6: Gingerbread Latte

My personal favorite coffee drink that I would consider a "daily drinker" would be the Caramel Brule Latte but the yummiest Christmas inducing treat was the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha/Peppermint Mocha options (just a little too sweet to drink an entire cup of!)
In the end, however, my traditional go to is always Apple Cider!

Fun taste testing brought to you by four fabulous adults permanently on the quest for laughs & adventure!

5 comments:

  1. i love the white chocolate peppermint mocha but it is to sweet to drink it all , i normally go boring and get a skinny vanilla latter though i wanna try the cider lol
    ps seattles best makes an amazing gingerbread latte and it comes with a mini cookie its way better then the starbucks one

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a super fun idea...although my favorite holiday drink (eggnog latte) didn't make your tasting party:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was fun. I'm a peppermint mocha fan myself...now you have me curious to try other flavors!

    It was good to hear from you today girlie. It's been a long time. Hope you've been well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now you know for the peppermint mocha..next time just ask for 2 pumps syrup..then it won't be as sweet.
    and less calories are always a better deal.
    NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW OR ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I manage a Starbucks and LOVE this post. So interesting to see what people think about the drinks, especially compared to the others. I'd agree on the gingerbread. Not my fav, but don't tell Mr. Schultz I said so.

    ReplyDelete